Sunday, March 4, 2012

Welcome to Black Gnat Flyfishing


A Black Gnat dry fly.

Welcome! Black Gnat Flyfishing is all about fly fishing, fly tying and angling literature. We have spent the better part of the last ten years chasing trout, bass, pike and panfish around the midwest.  My wife, Kyra, and I have always shared a love of travel and the outdoors. While I have aspired to her level as a photographer, she has taken up my interest in fly fishing (catching more trout than I do, more often than not). Our travels have taken us from the green forests and mountain streams of West Virginia to the snow-capped peaks of Colorado, not to mention dozens of great rivers, streams and lakes in our native Indiana and our adopted home, Michigan.






The Black Gnat works wet, too!



A little red to grab your attention.


I look forward to sharing our experiences with you. If you have been around the fly-fishing scene for years, I hope that some of our stories will stir up your own fond memories. If you are new to fly fishing or fly tying, I hope that you find inspiration and instruction in what we have to offer. Enjoy!



How about a Black Gnat, spey style? I hope I can remember where I put this one come salmon season.


No comments:

Post a Comment